Declaration of Personal Responsibility
Motivation of Self
- I act in a way that makes sense to me on some level.
- I respond to any situation in my own unique way based on my background and prior experiences.
- I am trying to get my needs met in the best way I know how.
- I am the only person who really knows and understands my needs.
- I am ultimately responsible for getting my needs met.
- It is okay to ask for what I want from others, although I may not get it.
- If I don’t get what I want, it is up to me to decide what to do next. (ex: negotiate, change my expectations, use contingencies, leave.)
- I accept that not everyone plays the game the same way by the same rules.
- People’s needs will inevitably conflict.
- All relationships teeter on what I am willing to accept versus what I can…
View original post 249 more words